...in my head

What God's given me, I give you...

6.11.2009

First Love

Revelation 2:1-7
"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands: I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

I remember the day, the day it happened to me. It hit me on every side. Fire, Water, Wind, Lightning, & Thunder rushed into my heart. It was a summer night in 2005. It was a day I will never forget in my entire lifetime. What a day it was! I left in awe. Gazing towards heaven. Oh, how I love Thee. The day it happened to me. Some may know what I'm talking about, others may not. Well, to let you know... Jesus Christ! This is my First Love. Along with everyone who ever knows Him. In the Bible, His presence is described as the elements listed above. I always wondered why. It's because there's a feeling that surpasses satisfaction in the presence of the most Holy. Such as the prophet Isaiah's inaugurated call to be a prophet. As he was driven in the throne room of Heaven, he saw the Lord seated on the throne. He was high and lifted up! The train of His robe filled the temple with glory! This feeling is so glorious that that young prophet is ruined. He says, "Woe is me." The Seraphs which are hovering around the Lord and His glory comes to Isaiah's aid. Isaiah confesses his iniquity, then he is purged with a burning coal from the altar of the Lord. This is the love that I'm talking about. Unconditional. His iniquities are now wiped away by the element of Fire... from the Lord. Now, in this time of the age, many have felt what the prophet has felt. A presence that is beyond satisfaction. Let me paraphrase, the Holy Spirit; the presence of our Lord. It is REAL!

But, the many that have felt this have been so caught up as the church in Ephesus. So caught up in working for the Lord, that they forgot about their first love. God isn't that interested in what you do for Him, it's what you do with Him. Is this relationship based on communication? This is God's desire, don't forget your First Love. Jesus said, "I know how you're going through a lot and persevering, but you are forgetting the most important thing... ME! I'm the One that delivers you, it's Me that knows you, and it's Me that hears you. Spend you life in My presence and I want to talk to you!" Don't get so caught up in going through the motions, don't get so caught up in fighting. What we need to get caught up in is Jesus! Besides, He's so caught up in us. He came to the world because He loves us! He lived stainless because He wanted to make peace for us! He provided the atonement! He loves us sooooo much! He became the sacrificial Lamb. He is, was, and is to come! He died the most brutal death ever devised! Because, He loves us! He loved me! He sought after me! He loves me to death... literally! He hung on that cross and was killed by me.. and you... the world. We killed Him, we sinned, He didn't!! And as He was gasping for breath, He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." But, He is the author and finisher. He said to those who forget Him, He's gonna get you quickly. Don't play with this. As much as He loves, He also has wrath. Think wisely. He said, "Repent, or else."

Matthew 7:21-23 Our Lord speaking: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment