...in my head

What God's given me, I give you...

12.16.2009

The Crack of Dawn



Genesis 32:29-31
Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.”

And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there.
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Just as he crossed over Penuel the sun rose on him, and he limped on his hip.

Just to note, Jacob was in the struggle of his life. He got into a wrestling match with something that he couldn't quite understand. The Angel of the Lord had came to him right before dawn with a new name for Jacob.

Now, your name is Israel for you have struggled with God and with men and have prevailed. But, just to know about God's superiority, He left Israel with a limp in his walk. But, one thing that is certain, Jacob struggled.

All things that you struggle against has a significance. Jacob sought out the Angel's significance. He asked for the name. Just gimme Your name please. But, the Angel wasn't even budging. In other words, He expressed who He was. Simply, He touched Jacob's hip and he now had a limp. He walked different.

Here's a revelation:

Whatever you're struggling with, recognize it. There's something about the setting of your struggle. It's about to stop because of the crack of dawn.

A sign that God always shows me in the sky is how the sun breaks forth and shines regardless of the weather. The sun's penetration through the clouds is very much vivid. After the storm, you can see the sun's rays penetrating through the gray clouds. God's luminaries do exactly what He commands.

Furthermore, God's light shines even in the dark places. Take a glimpse on the horizon, there's the crack of dawn. You don't have to be afraid of your current situation, the sun's about to shine. God's light will shine when all else fades.

At the crack of dawn, your revelation comes. You may have your limp, but His light is your joy and you've been drawn closer to His light when you've gotten through your current situation. This isn't just a message of hope, its a message of rejoicing and confirmation.

"Rejoice not against me O my enemy; when I fall, I shall arise and when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light unto me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment